High Above the Clouds

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Week 6: Thing 13 -del.icio.us and Thing 14 - Technorati

I have SO many favorites stored on my laptop that I figured this could be very useful to me. I proceeded to register and added a few bookmarks that I refer to frequently. Wow...so efficient! What I enjoy the most is that they are now accessible anywhere, regardless of location. No more Google searches for a specific URL!
As far as the "social" aspect of del.icio.us, I don't see myself taking advantage of that yet. Perhaps at some point.

I also established an account with Technorati and was initally overwhelmed, but this is the type of program that becomes much easier with a little use. Once I began to take the time and add tags, the concept became much clearer to me. I am so amazed by the explosion of blogs on the Internet...at least this allows users to browse areas of interest and discover some hidden gems. I'll definitely come back to this site often!

No comments: