High Above the Clouds

Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 4 and 5: Things 9 & 10



I explored MERLIN a bit and was overwhelmed by the number of social networking sites! I'm not sure that this is something I want to invest much time in.
A couple of months ago, I created an avatar for Second Life (Nova Upshaw) but was somewhat disappointed to learn that one actually has to spend some money (US dollars converted to Linden dollars) to wear a spiffy outfit, buy some living quarters, and even change your hairstyle! Nonetheless, it was amazing to "fly" to Info Island and visit the library, where I browsed through the Chicago Tribune and the London Times. What a diversion!
I had great fun with playing with an online image generator, specifcally with the Meez program. I loved reinventing my avatar, and finally chose one which I can relate to, this time immersed in timeless music for piano.

No comments: